Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Day 2-I am proud of myself

First of all, let me just say I am super proud of myself for actually getting back online and continuing my blog. I thought about it this morning and thought I should just delete it again but no, here I am writing more. So yay for me!

Not much going on today. Joe will be home tonight for dinner and will be here for a day or so. That makes me happy. I hate being away from him this long. I miss my husband; how sad is that? It makes me understand more how military wives feel. At least my husband is only 1 hour and 45 minutes or so away and he comes home on his days off AND he's not fighting in a war. And then I have my days where I feel like a single mom of two but I don't work, I stay at home all day. So I have respect for single moms too, although I am also jealous because most single moms get to go to work. I miss working. I wish I had a job. I can't wait to be employed again. I miss the social aspect of having a job and the sense of responsibility. Granted I have a huge responsibility to my children but the social aspect just isn't there. As much as Isabella and I converse during the day, you know it just isn't the same as some good 'ol office gossip!

On another note. I've been thinking about my 30th birthday a lot lately. It is so weird to me that I will be 30 in a couple of months. I still feel like a teenager. Hanging out with my 15 year old niece, Hannah, last week really made me feel weird. Here's why. I see her and I think, we have a lot in common. She is cute and fun and young. Then I stop and realize I am 15 years older than her! OMG...she probably thinks I'm like this old lady. So it's weird. I don't feel 30. I still feel really really young. So that's been on my mind a lot lately.

No comments: